The Department of State interprets and enforces ITAR. Its goal is to safeguard U.S. national security and further U.S. foreign policy objectives. U.S. Munitions List (USML) and therefore subject to export controls administered by the U.S. Department of State pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
In addition the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) the Arms Export Control Act, and section 620A of the Foreign Assistance Act, and the US Department of Treasury are considered in developing your company’s Internal Compliance Programs
ExploConsult, LLC provides assistance to understand how your explosives materials, explosives articles, or related production or process,
or handling equipment fits into International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
• Basic Concepts under ITAR
• Interpreting the U.S. Munitions List
• Export Licensing Requirements
• Internal Compliance Programs
• Understanding and working with the Regulations
• Self-classify your hardware/technology
• Draft and administer End User Certificates
• Draft a Commodity Jurisdiction Request
• How to register your company with the U.S. Department of State & Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
• How to apply for an export license
• How to recognize exports of technical data under the ITAR (including the Deemed Export Rule)